How Ethernet works?
Ethernet is a dedicated, private resource which means it’s more reliable and can offer guaranteed faster speeds
Ethernet (leased line) in its simplest sense is a cable that you plug into either your laptop or computer, and it allows you to connect to a private network, or the internet. it’s essentially a form of connectivity, similar to ADSL and fibre broadband.
The key difference between broadband and Ethernet is that broadband, no matter which solution you choose, is classed as a shared source, whereas Ethernet is a dedicated, private resource which means it’s more reliable and can offer guaranteed faster speeds.
Why Switch to a Fab Spider Ethernet solution?
- GUARANTEED SPEEDS. Ethernet can offer guaranteed, symmetrical speeds. What this means is if you purchase a Fibre Ethernet of EFM solution, then you will receive the speeds you ordered. Broadband speeds, on the other hand, are affected by the number of people using it, and what they do online.
- STRONG SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLAs). SLAs determine what happens in the event of a problem. Target fix time, for example, refers to the amount of time you can expect your connection to be offline before any issue is resolved. For ADSL broadband, the target fix time will be 40 working hours (almost a full working week). Ethernet, in comparison, is 8 hours or less.
SO WHAT NEXT?
To find out more about Fab Spiders Ethernet solutions call one of our experts today on 01422 822 122.
Types of Ethernet
ETHERNET OVER FIBRE TO THE CABINET
- Ideal for Businesses looking for an entry level, cost effective solution
- Run over the UK fibre broadband network
- Available anywhere fibre broadband is installed
- Minimum 3mb/s upload and 12mb/s download speeds
ETHERNET FIRST MILE
- Ideal for Businesses looking for a speed upgrade where no fibre is available
- Run over multiple copper wires
- Available across the UK
- Guaranteed, symmetrical speeds up to a max of 30mb/s
FIBRE CARRIER ETHERNET
- Ideal for large Businesses looking for a superfast, resilient, and always available solution
- Run as an end-to-end fibre solution
- Available in most locations
- Guaranteed, symmetrical sppeds up to 10gb/s